Domestic Violence Self-Help Forms
Technology Safety Statement
Use of your home computer to visit this site can be tracked by someone in your home. You may want to use a computer in a public library or internet café. Or contact us through the Idaho Domestic Violence Advice Line:
Interactive forms are available for free to low income individuals. We currently have an interactive form for a Protection Order Petition for Adults If you are looking for different forms you can visit the Court Assistance Office (CAO) website to print forms and complete them by hand.
Links to the interactive Self-Help Form is available either by scrolling further down the page or by clicking on the Forms tab above.
You must have Adobe Flash Player to view the interactive interviews. Download it for free by clicking HERE! Then click “Install Now”.
Note: You do not need the free McAfee Security Scan Plus and should uncheck the box if you do not wish to install it.
Microsoft Word is used for developing these documents. If the computer you are using uses Notepad, WordPad or some other program for word processing, you mayhave difficulties with your documents. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download Microsoft Word Viewer for free from Microsoft.com.
Check the list below to make sure the interactive protection order petition can be used in your situation. You can use this interactive form packet if:
- You are seeking a protection order for yourself OR for both you and your minor children.
Note: You cannot use this interview to apply for a protection order on behalf of a family or household member, or a child alone.
- Your relationship with the respondent (the person you are seeking a protection order against) must be one of the following- current or former spouse, currently living together or previously lived together, child in common, currently dating or previously dated.
- The respondent has acted on or threatened violence against you.
- If you are also applying for your minor child/ren, they MUST have lived in Idaho for the past six (6) months.
Domestic Violence Interactive Court Form
- Protection Order Petition for Adults Packet - Use this interactive form packet if you are seeking a protection order for yourself OR for both you and your minor children.
To learn more about the project, safety and security of the interactive forms, and what to expect, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.