Finalize by Default
The information you will need to finalize your small claims case by default is:
- Full legal names of plaintiff and defendant. Note: You can name up to two plaintiffs and two defendants.
- Mailing address and phone number of the plaintiff(s).
- The uniformed service (military) status of the defendants named in your case. This includes active duty military members, reservists who are in active federal service, and national guardsmen who are in active federal service. If any of the defendants ARE in active status, they must have waived in writing his/her rights under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act of 2003. If you have questions, you should talk with a CAO officer before completing the interactive forms. If you know the defendants are NOT in active status, you will be asked to verify how you know this.
- The county in which the claim was filed.
- The claim amount and any service fees or payments made by the defendant associated with your claim.
To begin click HERE!
Note: You will be taken to our partnering site, “LawHelp Interactive”.
Don't forget, you must have the Adobe Flash Player to use the interactive forms.
If you don’t have all of the required information, you can still use the interactive forms to fill in the information you do have. If you set up a free and confidential user name and password for the interactive forms, you can start your form, save your answers, and finish completing the interactive forms when you have the remaining needed information. Or, you can complete as much of the information as possible, take your forms to your local CAO office, and ask for assistance with filling in the remaining needed information.
To learn more about the project and what to expect when you use the interactive court forms, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.