Free Foreclosure Intervention Workshop in Boise
The Idaho Department of Finance will co-sponsor a free workshop in Boise to guide homeowners through their options to avoid foreclosure and to help them through the foreclosure process. The workshop will run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 22 at the Boise Centre, 850 W. Front St.
The workshop will be led by housing counselors, lending institutions and other mortgage experts. There also will be videos playing on topics such as the foreclosure process, refinancing, social services, mortgage scams, budgeting and avoiding foreclosure.
Pre-registration is not required, but attendees are strongly encouraged to pre-register so they can make an appointment with a housing counselor, the department said.
Attendees should bring the following with them to the workshop:
- Proof of income for the last two months (paystubs, unemployment, social security, disability, child support, other)
- Photo ID
- Social Security Number or ITIN
- Last two years of W-2s & tax returns
- Last two bank statements
- Last month’s mortgage statement and/or any notices or letters from lender
- List of monthly expenses
- Information about disability, child support, other income
- A completed Budget Form and Financial Information worksheet
Visit finance.idaho.gov/foreclosureintervention.aspx to pre-register for the workshop and to download copies of the Budget Form and Financial Information worksheet.
Event co-sponsors include the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the cities of Nampa, Caldwell and Meridian, Neighborhood Housing Services, Western Idaho Community Action Partnership, Idaho Financial Literacy Coalition, Idaho Housing and Finance Association, Idaho bankers and Realtors associations, and several national banks.