Interactive forms are free to low income people seeking a name change in Idaho. We have interactive forms for changing the name of both adults and minors. If you are looking for forms that you can print out and complete by hand, visit the Court Assistance Office (CAO) website.
Links to the interactive Self-Help Forms are found either by scrolling further down the page or by clicking on the Forms tab above.
You must have Adobe Flash Player to view the interactive interviews. Download it for free from Adobe. Then select “Install Now”.
Note: You do not need the free McAfee Security Scan Plus and should uncheck the box if you do not wish to install it.
Microsoft Word is used for developing these documents. If the computer you are using uses Notepad, WordPad or some other program for word processing, you mayhave problems with your documents. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download Microsoft Word Viewer for free from Microsoft.com.
Please check the list below to make sure you will qualify to use the interactive forms for a name change:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- The name change is not to avoid creditors or outstanding debts.
- You, or if you are requesting a name change for a minor, they, do not need to register as a convicted sexual offender under Chapter 83, title 18, Idaho Code, or under the conditions of similar laws in another state.
If any of the statements above are false, check with your local CAO Office for better information about how to proceed.
Name Change - Interactive Forms
- Adult Name Change Packet - Use this interactive form packet if the statements above are all true.
- Minor Name Change Packet - Use this interactive form packet if the statements above are all true.
These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.