Emergency Help for Domestic Violence
If you or someone you know is being abused, get help as soon as possible. You can find the following kinds of help:
Call the ILAS domestic violence hotline
667-9559 in the Coeur d' Alene area
Staffed Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. by a legal aid attorney who can provide immediate free legal advice with civil problems involving domestic violence.
Translation services can be made available for Spanish speaking callers
Areas of legal advice include, but are not limited to:
- Cases to obtain, modify, or enforce civil protection orders
- Divorce-related separations
- Spousal and child support
- Child custody and/or visitation
To find more information about Idaho laws and ways to help yourself:
- Contact your local Court Assistance Office (CAO). There are many forms, instructions, and/or videos that you can use as a legal resource.
- Go to the CAO website to download forms, instructions, and/or videos.
To find a pro bono attorney:
- Call the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Write the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program
P.O. Box 895
Boise, ID 83701-0895
To find a private attorney:
- Call the Idaho State Bar Lawyer Referral Service
If you have any questions about a lawyer, call the Idaho State Bar, (208) 334-4500
Search for domestic violence shelters and other assistance. Proviced by the Idaho Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence.