Idaho Legal Aid Services Fair Lending Project:

How To File A Complaint Against Your Lender


The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency or (OCC) is an arm of the United States Department of Treasury.  The OCC’s primary mission is to charter, regulate, and supervise all national banks and federal savings associations.  You can file a complaint with the OCC against the bank online at:

Consider your answers to the following before you begin your online complaint:

  • Have you checked HUD’s “Get Answers” section for information about national bank regulations and your rights as a consumer?
  • Have you tried to resolve your complaint with your financial institution?
  • Is your financial institution a national bank?  Search “Financial Institutions.”  If your bank is not a national bank, you should contact the appropriate regulator to submit your complaint.

Select only one of the following methods to file your complaint.

  • Complete the  “Online Customer Complaint Form.”  Do not mail, e-mail or fax additional information unless requested.
  • Print an OCC Complaint Form (PDF).  To view PDF files, you will need Acrobat Reader.  All forms request the same information.
  • If you have questions about filing your complaint, discuss them with a customer assistance specialist.  The OCC Customer Assist ance Group can be reached at 1-800-613-6743,
    TDD 1-713-658-0340.

How to file a complaint when there is discrimination in lending:

  • If  you live in Idaho and believe you have been a victim of discriminatory lending under the Fair Housing Act based on race, religion, national origin, color, disability, sex and/or familial status, file a complaint with the Department of Housing and Urban Development Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Office, Region X office:

909 1st Ave., Ste. 205, OAE
Seattle, WA 98104

(800) 877-0246, (206) 220-5170, TDD(206) 220-5185


HUD Fair Housing Logo LSC Logo  Accessibility Logo


 “The work that provided the basis for this publication was supported by funding under a grant with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.  The substance and findings of the work are dedicated to the public. The author and publisher are solely responsible for the accuracy of the statements and interpretations contained in this publication.  Such interpretations do not necessarily reflect the views of the federal government.”

How helpful do you find the information on this page?

Add comment

Table of Contents