Adult or Minor Name Change

See All Topics
The Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare’s Division of Public Health has created instructions for how to request a change in the name on your Idaho birth certificate.  For these instructions, please click here: Instructions for How to Change Your Name on Your Birth Certificate.
The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) has created an Idaho Name Change for Minors guide. It includes information on how to file the petition for a name change, the forms to use, parental consent, publication, and evidence the court will consider.  To view this guide, please open the PDF below or click here: Idaho Name Change for Minors Guide.
Fillable PDF Forms for Adult or Minor Name Changes Please go to: to find fillable PDF forms for either an adult or a minor name change that you can fill out and file with your local courthouse. Please read the instructions before filing out the forms. Interactive Forms for Adult or Minor Name Changes

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.