Lambda Legal has a webpage devoted to LGBTQ issues and rights in Idaho in the areas of employment, healthcare, parenting, public accommodations, relationships, and schools. For more information, please visit their Idaho LGBTQ webpage here:
Pride Foundation: Pride Foundation focuses on movements to advance equity and justice for LGBTQ+ people in all communities across the Northwest.   Lambda Legal:
The ACLU of Idaho has created a webpage devoted to LGBTQ rights throughout the State of Idaho.  For more information, please visit their webpage:
Add the Words, Idaho Located in Boise, ID; 208-918-0736 A volunteer run organization with a focus on promoting LGBTQ and gender equality.
The attached guide was created to explain the process of changing one's sex indicator on an Idaho birth certificate.
For instructions and forms needed to change your sex designation on your U.S. Passport, please visit the U.S. Department of State's website here: Instructions and Forms for Changing Your Sex Designation on Your U.S. Passport.
For instructions on how to change your sex designation on your social security card, please read the information below or visit the Social Security Administration's website here: Social Security Administration Instructions on Changing Your Sex on Your Social Security Card. To change your gender on Social Security's records: Step 1: Gather documents proving your:
The Idaho Transportation Department has developed an application for a person to change the sex designation on an Idaho Driver's License or Identification Card to reflect one's gender identity. To view and fill out this application, please download the attached form below or click here: Application to Change Your Gender Designation on Your Idaho Driver's License.
The Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare’s Division of Public Health has created instructions for how to request a change in the name on your Idaho birth certificate.  For these instructions, please click here: Instructions for How to Change Your Name on Your Birth Certificate.
The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) has created an Idaho Name Change for Minors guide. It includes information on how to file the petition for a name change, the forms to use, parental consent, publication, and evidence the court will consider.  To view this guide, please open the PDF below or click here: Idaho Name Change for Minors Guide.

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.