Relocation Issues

See All Topics
Attached is a Word.doc template for a Motion for Temporary Orders for temporary custody, visitation, and/or support in a pending family law matter. You may use this template to draft your own motion.  Please review the advice and additional documents needed for this motion in the Temporary Orders Packet, created by Idaho Legal Aid Services, the Idaho Law Foundation, and the Women's and Children's Alliance, attached. 
This guide was created by Idaho Legal Aid Services, Inc. to explain housing rights and protections a domestic violence survivor has under federal and state law. For more information, please see the guide below. 
The National Housing Law Project has created a Know Your Rights Brochure on the Violence Against Women Act and its protections related to federally assisted housing for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking.  Please view the brochure here for further information: 
Under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), a tenant may not be denied assistance, terminated from participation, or be evicted from your rental housing because that tenant is or has been a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.     
The National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges has created a guide on How to Gather Technology Abuse Evidence for Court, whether as evidence in a civil protection order case, a custody case, or a divorce case.  To view this guide, please visit:
The Legal Resource Center on Violence Against Women has created a Relocation Guide for Domestic Violence Survivors that provides survivors with advice on the issues involved in relocating with children with or without a current custody order.  For more information and resources, please visit The Legal Resource Center on Violence Against Women's website here: 

Our Partners

LSC's support for this website is limited to those activities that are consistent with LSC restrictions.