Small Estates Self-Help Forms
Interactive forms are available for free to low income individuals seeking to change ownership of property after a death. We currently have interactive forms for An Affidavit Collecting Property and a Petition for Summary Administration of an Estate.
Links to the interactive Self-Help Forms are available either by scrolling further down the page or by clicking on the Forms tab above.
You must have Adobe Flash Player to view the interactive interviews. Download it for free at Adobe. Then select “Install Now”.
Note: You do not need the free McAfee Security Scan Plus and should uncheck the box if you do not wish to install it.
Microsoft Word is used for developing these documents. If the computer you are using uses Notepad, WordPad or some other program for word processing, you may have problems with your documents. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download Microsoft Word Viewer for free from Microsoft.com.
Please check the list below to make sure you will qualify to use the interactive forms currently available:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- The deceased person lived in Idaho at the time of their death.
- A copy of the deceased's death certificate
- A copy of the deceased's will (if any)
If any of the statements above are false, check with an attorney for additional information about how to proceed.
- Affidavit Collecting Property - Use this interactive form packet if the statements above are all true.
- Petition for Summary Administration of an Estate - Use this interactive form packet if the statements above are all true.
These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.