Idaho Legal Aid Services' (ILAS) offices provide the following kinds of help for migrants in the regions of Boise, Caldwell, Idaho Falls, and Twin Falls:
- domestic violence
- health and public benefits (Medicaid, Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Families in Idaho (TAFI)
In order to be eligible, you must be the following:
- a low-income household
- a citizen or have eligible alien status
- farm workers (may include sheep herders, diary and processing employees, rock quarry workers)
Some exceptions are:
- ILAS may help an ineligible Alien who has been abused or a victim of extreme cruelty as long as our help is directly related to the abuse.
- If ILAS does not have enough resources and/or staff to assist, they may not be able to take the case.
Contact your local ILAS office for more information.