Modification FAQ

Why do I need a modification, can't I just write a letter to the judge?


A court order can only be changed by a later/new order of the court.  To get a new court order you must file a petition or motion requesting a new court order.  This provides all of the parties in the case an opportunity to comment before a new order is entered.



How helpful do you find the information on this page?

Add comment

Table of Contents