The Interactive Divorce with Minor Children Petition is currently undergoing revisions due to changes in the law and is not available.  We apologize for the inconvenience.


The following interactive interview will guide you through a series of questions to help you complete court forms to file a divorce with minor children in Idaho.

Note: This interview has been developed for divorces that are fairly simple and there is (at least) relative agreement between spouses about the children, custody, and property. The interview will work for you if

  • You and your spouse are divorcing due to irreconcilable differences
  • Neither you nor your spouse have a pension or retirement
  • You and your spouse have minor children together
  • The minor children have lived in Idaho for the last 6 months (or for their entire life if they are less than 6 months of age)
  • You have lived in Idaho for the last 6 weeks
  • All minor children were born to and/or adopted by both the mother and father
  • No one else claims custody or visitation rights with the children

If any of the above statements are not true for you, this interview will not work for you. Please visit or call your local Court Assistance Office for help.

The information you will need to complete the divorce petition packet interview includes:

  • Current child support order or completed Idaho child support worksheets
  • Completed Parenting Plan
  • Completed Income Affidavit
  • You and your spouse’s full legal name and birth date
  • You and your spouse’s mailing address and contact phone numbers
  • You and your spouse’s employer name (if applicable)
  • You or your spouse’s attorney name (if applicable)
  • Date, city, state/country (if foreign country) of your marriage
  • Your minor children’s full legal names and birth dates
  • Your minor children’s current address
  • Where and with who the minor children have lived for the past 5 years
  • Separate property, community personal property, and community real property that you would like the court to define as either your’s or your spouse’s
  • Legal description of real estate (if applicable)
  • Outstanding community debts

Note: If you need to get, or need help completing, the Idaho Child Support Worksheets, Parenting Plan and Income Affidavit forms, contact your local Court Assistance Officer or Family Court Services Officer.


Idaho State SealStart: Divorce with Minor Children Petition  Interactive Icon

Note: You will be taken to our partnering site, “LawHelp Interactive”.

Don't forget, you must have the Adobe Flash Player to use the interactive forms.

Get Adobe Flash Player

If you don’t have all of the needed information, you can still use the interactive forms to fill in the information you do have. If you set up a free user name and password for the interactive forms, you can start your form, save your answers, and finish completing the interactive forms when you have the remaining needed information. Or, you can complete as much of the information as possible, take your forms to your local CAO office, and ask for assistance with filling in the remaining needed information.

To learn more about the project and what to expect when you use the interactive court forms, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.

How helpful do you find the information on this page?

Add comment

Table of Contents