Some Resources for Victims:

ICAIT Website:


Federal Trade Commission website:


What Victims can do:

  1. Place a Fraud Alerton your credit reports by contactingoneof the credit reporting agencies (CRAs) listed below. Request your free credit reports.
  2. Call all companies where an account has been misused or opened fraudulently. Close or flag as necessary. Follow up in writing, enclosing an Affidavit. Call your financial institution to review your accounts for suspicious activity.
  3. Report to the Federal Trade Commission. File a complaint online at  Enclose a copy, called an ‘FTC Affidavit,’ with your letters to companies and CRAs. Provide a copy to the police if you file a police report.
  4. File a report with Police. Ask them to attach your FTC Affidavit to the report. To fix mistakes on your credit report, send a copy to each CRA and the companies that provided the inaccurate information.


Equifax 800-525-6285 • Trans Union 800-680-7289 • Experian 888-397-3742

Idenity_Theft_Card.pdf111.65 KB

How helpful do you find the information on this page?

Add comment

Table of Contents